2015 has been a year of hard work and constant innovation for us. We introduced many cool new features to improve your experience as a user, and the ease of use of our forms. Some of the most important releases were the redesign of our main pages, to make your surfing experience more pleasant. We also improved our web form editor, so that you find it more user-friendly and intuitive when creating or editing an online form. But the year is not over, and the best is yet to come.
We know how valuable your contact forms and websites are for you, so we want to help you upgrade your business. During December 2015, you will notice a great improvement. Your online forms will undergo a beautiful redesign. You will experience a new and fresh look of your forms, matching more current design trends, compared to the old ones which were outdated. The overall feel of your forms will be enhanced for both you and your users with our new web form design.
Your forms will stop looking like this:
To start looking like this:
So let us tell you exactly how we are going to achieve this new web form design, and what exactly is going to change:
- We are taking unnecessary elements out of the web forms – such as the header bar which, according to our users’ opinion, was irrelevant. Furthermore, you will be able to use your header HTML block to customize your form header anyway you want. You will not be limited anymore by a standard design.
- We will improve the whole usability of your online forms. Let us specify certain aspects you will get:
- improved error messages appearance
- increased size of input fields – so that they are easier to click and drag on mobile and desktop
- increased size of the submit button making it easier to click on a mobile device
- overall, an increased padding of form objects so that they are better spaced and easier to read
- We will introduce new fonts which are more consistent with webdesign trends used nowadays. The default font will be Open Sans, which looks much more elegant than the current Verdana.
- The new web form design will bring updated graphical form fields, such as star ratings, signature block, multiple fields upload, as well as updated standard form fields.
- You will also notice an improved version of how images would appear on your online forms. They will now be full-width instead of floating, allowing them to be more visible.
- The web forms will also be full-width.
- And one of our bigger improvements: online forms are now more mobile friendly. They respond and show up better on mobile devices than the old versions, since they were built using Bootstrap – an opensource framework developed by people at Twitter.
All this, was done thinking of you. You told us your needs, and we created the solutions. We hope you love and enjoy your new web form design as much as we do. Say goodbye to your old forms, and welcome our Forms 2.0. Embrace the future, choose 123FormBuilder.
What do you think about all the improvements? Don’t forget to comment!
- Are the changes going to be permanent?
Yes, we will implement the improvements of the new web form design to our whole base of customers, whether they hold free or Premium credentials.
- What happens if I have custom work?
The forms with custom work will remain with the custom work unchanged. All the rest of the changes will be applied.
e.g. A) You used custom CSS to modify how the background looks like. That will remain unaltered, and all the rest of the changes will be applied to your form.
e.g. B) If you made some custom work on the form fields, then those changes will be preserved.
e.g. C) If you have your form embedded in your website, your colours and style will be preserved, but the form fields and paddings will be adapted to the new design
e.g. D) If you did no custom work, then one day you will wake up and discover that you have very beautiful online forms.
- Will there be data loss during the process?
No information will be lost during the process. This is a visual redesign only. Your data will continue to be stored the way and where it used to be until now.
- Will my form functionality be affected?
Absolutely not. Your form functionality will remain unaltered after the new web form design is applied. Form rules, 3rd party integration, payment processors, notifications and any other, will keep working as they currently do.
- Where should I write if I have doubts or suggestions about the new web form design?
You can contact our Customer Care Team at email@example.com for any concern regarding this matter.