There aren’t employers on the market that don’t use job application forms to collect personal information from their job candidates. It makes it easy for HR staff to process these details and create a hierarchy of the ones most likely to be called for an interview.
But let’s face it! Paper-based job applications just don’t cut the cake today. The last thing your HR person needs to be doing is transcribing candidates’ handwritten data into your computer system.
If you’re in a medium or larger enterprise, paper forms isolate valuable information that needs to be accessible to team members in multiple geographic locations.
Perhaps you’re stuck with paper after a disappointment with online job boards. While convenient, online job posting sites can be costly, lack customization and rarely reach appropriate candidates.
However, nowadays it’s all about online. Where do you think your candidates spend their time searching for your super job? On the Web! And the fastest way to grab their attention and have them reach you for an interview is through an online form. That’s right!
123FormBuilder puts the candidate search back in the hands of the one who knows the job vacancy best: you. Once you build an online job application form and publish it on your own company website, you can attract candidates who already have an affinity for your company. What’s more, your company’s ability to digitize the recruitment process will enhance candidates’ confidence in the future of your company.
The Building Blocks of Online Job Application Forms
With 123FormBuilder you already have everything you need to publish your own job application form. Now it’s just a question of content.
What questions to include in the job application form? Our job application template can get you started. If you need more help, here are some pointers on how to create a job application form with the right questions:
- Start by asking for the basic details: name, email, and phone.
- Request the name of the job that the candidate is applying for.
- Ask for the applicant’s resume.
- Ask for a recommendation letter from a former employer, if available
- If you’re hiring a web designer or web developer, ask for a portfolio of your canditate’s previous work
With 123FormBuilder, you can easily do the above:
- Drag & drop the Name, Email and Phone fields to the form layout.
- Add a text box that the candidate may use to specify the job he/she is applying for or a drop-down with the option to select any of your job openings.
- Add a file upload field that will enable your candidates to upload their resumes and recommendation letters.
Other advanced options are included in 123FormBuilder that make the recruitment process a whole lot better. For instance, the online job application form can also contain a reference section. If applicants tick the Yes button, new form fields for reference contact data show up. If they tick No, then nothing new shows up.
Congrats! You’ve reached the end of the article.
Below you can get a copy of our job application form template for free. Just sign up to 123FormBuilder and good luck on finding the best candidate for the job!